Field Trip is a series of community-led walking tours in Marrickville and Sydenham. We are learning about the area’s industrial, infrastructural and creative spaces, as well as engaging people in a conversation about the future of the neighbourhood.
Listen to the overview of Carrington Road podcast by Front Yard Projects.
History under threat at Carrington Rd. This podcast tells the history of Holden and Australia's love affair with the sturdy, economical car. The GMH plant in Carrington Road was designed by established Sydney architects Ross and Rowe who also designed the Downing Centre and Commonwealth Bank building in Martin Place.
We'll be watching the proposed Mirvac development of the GMH plant to ensure our cultural heritage is preserved.
What can you do? First, attend the community meeting on 30 November at 7pm.
Save Marrickville is a group of residents taking positive action to ensure that the growth of our suburb is planned properly for our community, the environment and future residents.
- We want sympathetic well designed development and density with proper transition zones. Not over development or imposing high rise.
- We would like planning control to be given back to council and the community.
- We feel it is critical that our heritage and local character are preserved.
- Marrickville’s industrial land should be preserved.
- Infrastructure needs to be planned first before rezoning.
- Affordable housing quotas must be in place.
Sign up for updates by email.