The rezoning of Victoria Road was passed by the Department of Planning on Friday 1 December 2017, with no extra input from the Inner West Council.
Plans have now been lodged with council to develop 1-9 Rich Street Marrickville DA201700558.
The report from Save Marrickville who met with Planning NSW on 14 Dec 2017 to discuss the rezoning of Marrickville.
Posted by· October 28, 2018 1:35 PM
Posted by 1 reaction· August 11, 2018 6:38 PM ·
Posted by 2 reactions· July 29, 2018 12:27 PM ·
What Marrickville could look like in 15-20 years under the NSW govt rezoning plan.
White: Single dwellings 1-2 storeys (where we are now mostly)
Yellow: Low rise housing 2-4 storeys
Blue: Shop top housing 3-5 storeys (Revolution - old RSL)
Orange: Medium rise housing 5-7 storeys
Red: Medium/high rise housing 8 storeys
Black: High rise housing. Three height categories: 9-12 storeys, 13-18 storeys, 19-35 storeys.
What can you do? First, read the Save Marrickville group's submission in regards to the plan.
Save Marrickville is a group of residents taking positive action to ensure that the growth of our suburb is planned properly for our community, the environment and future residents.
- We want sympathetic well designed development and density with proper transition zones. Not over development or imposing high rise.
- We would like planning control to be given back to council and the community.
- We feel it is critical that our heritage and local character are preserved.
- Marrickville’s industrial land should be preserved.
- Infrastructure needs to be planned first before rezoning.
- Affordable housing quotas must be in place.
Sign up for updates by email.