The rezoning of Victoria Road was passed by the Department of Planning on Friday 1 December 2017, with no extra input from the Inner West Council.
Plans have now been lodged with council to develop 1-9 Rich Street Marrickville DA201700558.
The report from Save Marrickville who met with Planning NSW on 14 Dec 2017 to discuss the rezoning of Marrickville.
What Marrickville could look like in 15-20 years under the NSW govt rezoning plan.
White: Single dwellings 1-2 storeys (where we are now mostly)
Yellow: Low rise housing 2-4 storeys
Blue: Shop top housing 3-5 storeys (Revolution - old RSL)
Orange: Medium rise housing 5-7 storeys
Red: Medium/high rise housing 8 storeys
Black: High rise housing. Three height categories: 9-12 storeys, 13-18 storeys, 19-35 storeys.
What can you do? First, read the Save Marrickville group's submission in regards to the plan.
Posted by· October 28, 2018 1:35 PM
Posted by 1 reaction· August 11, 2018 6:38 PM ·
Posted by 2 reactions· July 29, 2018 12:27 PM ·
Save Marrickville is a group of residents taking positive action to ensure that the growth of our suburb is planned properly for our community, the environment and future residents.
- We want sympathetic well designed development and density with proper transition zones. Not over development or imposing high rise.
- We would like planning control to be given back to council and the community.
- We feel it is critical that our heritage and local character are preserved.
- Marrickville’s industrial land should be preserved.
- Infrastructure needs to be planned first before rezoning.
- Affordable housing quotas must be in place.
Sign up for updates by email.