The is an email that that was sent on 4 September 2018 to supporters that signed on via our website. Please share your email address if you want to know what we know. We only email with real news and not very often.
After our email Mirvac announced they are holding at public drop-in information session on Saturday 22 September 2018 from 10am to 2pm. This is to be held at 16 Carrington Rd, Marrickville. It should be noted that Mirvac does not have a new proposal, so no new plans will be displayed at this info session.
The rezoning of Victoria Road was passed by the Department of Planning on Friday 1 December 2017, with no extra input from the Inner West Council.
Plans have now been lodged with council to develop 1-9 Rich Street Marrickville DA201700558.
Posted by· December 17, 2017 8:20 PM
Posted by· December 16, 2017 2:38 PM
Posted by· November 26, 2017 3:53 PM
Save Marrickville is a group of residents taking positive action to ensure that the growth of our suburb is planned properly for our community, the environment and future residents.
- We want sympathetic well designed development and density with proper transition zones. Not over development or imposing high rise.
- We would like planning control to be given back to council and the community.
- We feel it is critical that our heritage and local character are preserved.
- Marrickville’s industrial land should be preserved.
- Infrastructure needs to be planned first before rezoning.
- Affordable housing quotas must be in place.
Sign up for updates by email.